Things To Look For in Finding the Right Canopy for Your Hilux
Toyota’s HiLux sets the standard for durability and reliability in the ute world, so the Hilux utes popularity among Aussie tradies is no surprise. With a quality vehicle, you need a quality canopy. We’re always talking about ute toolboxes and canopies here at Great Racks, it’s one of our favourite things to do. There are so many different canopy options for Hilux owners. Whether your priority is style, storage or strength, there’s a canopy out there that’s straight up your alley. So let’s answer the big question, “What’s the best Toyota HiLux canopy for you?”
HiLux canopies come in a range of materials and designs. Depending on what you drive your Lux for; work, leisure or a combo of both, a canopy to suit your needs has to be made from the right material. The two best quality canopy materials for a Hilux canopy are aluminium and canvas.
Aluminium canopies provide so many great benefits, especially to HiLux owners. Well made, high quality canopies will bring out the best of your wheels. Great Racks doesn’t cut corners or cheap out on materials. We offer a wide range of canopies using only 3mm thick aluminium plates in marine grade. Our range of ute canopies are fully framed and fully welded. When you open our canopy doors, they don’t flex or warp.
One of the main benefits of an aluminium canopy is the vehicle strength and protection that they provide. Aluminium being such a durable material is sure to protect any items you might need stored inside your canopy, from both weather and being knocked around. Hey, if you’re going camping, it could even double as a waterproof tent for a couple of nights. An aluminium cage canopy is an even better option, providing secure storage whilst being lightweight and the perfect spot for your furry best mate to travel OR you to sleep in.
Don’t forget that you can customise your aluminium canopy with some great high quality features to add on that extra bit of convenience and strength, such as:
- Custom roof rack for camping, roof top tent, boat and tradesmen equipment and materials, like ladders, conduit, ceiling sheets, timber and more
- Light and awning mount
- Removable or fixed ladder
- Jerry can and spare tyre holders
Canvas Canopy Frames
Canvas frames for your canopy are something that every great canopy needs, especially if you’re driving a Lux. Whether you’re a tradesman that needs a canopy for working in heavy weather conditions or you’re looking at a canopy for reliable storage and protection during a camping trip, a canvas canopy frame for your aluminium canopy is going to give you the results you need. A good canvas canopy is great for light and easy storage of tools and equipment.
Common features of Great Racks custom-built canvas canopy frames include the following:
- Marine grade fabric, better than traditional canvas
- Lots of cover options such as vents, flyscreens and windows
- 3mm marine grade aluminium plate side pressings
- 3.5mm wall thickness tube used
- 50 x 6mm angle mounting brackets on well body vehicles and custom corner posts in trays
- Fully welded or bolted, up to you
- Custom built to follow the shape of the existing headboard
- Headboard fabrication and modification available
Want to customise your canopy to be better suited to your needs? At Great Racks we have a huge range of add ons to turn your HiLux into your dream Hilux:
- Custom built roof rack for storage, camping, dinghy, kayaks, roof top tent
- Jerry can holders
- Spare tyre holders
- Removable or fixed ladder
- Light and awning brackets
- Hooks or brackets for electrics inside of canopy
- Built in amplimesh storage for dog cages
- Removable mesh dividers to compartmentalise your storage
Here at Great Racks in Perth, our HiLux canopies are designed for tradies, by tradies, so we know what we’re doing. You don’t have to skimp on quality or convenience with a canopy from Great Racks because we deliver both. If you’re looking for some help in choosing the right canopy for your HiLux or would like to speak to one of our tradies about some of the canopies we’ve talked about in this article, call us now!